What to do in the event of illness?

You will receive an insurance card from Techniker Krankenkasse (TK), which you simply present each time you consult a doctor. The doctor bills the health insurance company directly via the card. Your insurance card is the EHIC card (European Health Insurance Card), which is accepted not only in Germany but in most European countries.

The following video shows you how the EHIC works.

Looking for a doctor near by?

The TK doctor's guide (German) helps you find a doctor, dentist, psychotherapist or hospital that is right for you. Would you like to speak to the doctor in your native language? Simply select the desired language in the detailed search.