Comprehensive health insurance for foreign students in Germany
- Alternative to compulsory health insurance
- Ideal for foreign students over 29 years
- For students from abroad that are released from compulsory health insurance obligation
- Also optimal as follow-up insurance resp. extension
- Meets all regulatory requirements for a comprehensive health insurance plan
Who is Provisit Student for?
- Enrolled students
- Students 30 years and older
- Enrolled graduate students
- Enrolled doctoral students
- Exchange students
- Accompanying spouses
- Accompanying children
Provisit Student is a private, substitutive comprehensive health insurance (§ 146 VAG, § 195 paragraph 3 VVG). We have designed Provisit Student specifically for foreign students who cannot or do not wish to join the statutory student insurance scheme.
If you have been releases from compulsory health insurance obligation, or if you are 30 years or older, we recommend Provisit Student. It offers excellent benefits at an affordable price.
As a foreign student, you usually have a choice between statutory and private health insurance. If this applies to you, we recommend German Student Insurance as a statutory student insurance.
Provisit Student at a glance
Provisit Student premiums
Provisit Student premiums and benefits
from €69.00 per month
- Health insurance
- Outpatient medical treatment
- Inpatient medical treatment
- Medicines and dressings material
- Preventive medical checkups
- Services provided by midwives and maternity nurses
- Psychotherapeutic treatment: 75 %*
- Medical appliances
- Glasses/Contact lenses: up to €100, every 2 years
- Outpatient transport
- Home nursing
- Dental treatment and prophylaxis: 100% (€500 per insurance year), beyond that 50% *
- Dentures and orthodontics: 50 % (€500 per insurance year)*
- Dentures due to an accident: 100 % (€2.500 within two insurance years)*
- Return transport of an ill insured person from abroad to his/her home country
- Repatriation of the mortal remains of the insured person or burial costs in case of death: €30,000
- Follow-up curative treatment
- Outpatient rehabilitation
- Daily hospital allowance: €30 from the 15th day
- Recovery money: €1,500 after inpatient treatment (per insured event)
- Inpatient hospice service
- Digital health applications
- Transitional care in hospital
- Deductible: €300 per insurance year
- * Waiting period: 8 months
- Long-term care insurance
- Outpatient and inpatient day and night care
- Full inpatient care
- Improvements of the living environment
- Nursing courses
- Payment of care allowance
- Nursing aids (on loan)
- Health insurance for foreign graduates
- Persons up to 29 years €69.00
- Persons up to 45 years €89.00
- Health insurance for accompanying spouses and children
- Spouses up to 45 years €109.00
- Children up to 17 years €89.00
- Plus long-term care insurance (optional)
- Foreign graduates up to 38 years €25.97
- All other persons up to 45 years from €47.15
Exclusion of benefits – the facts
There is no protection in the Provisit Student health insurance...
a) for such diseases including their consequences as well as for consequences of accidents and for deaths caused by war events;
In the case of war events, there is no obligation to pay benefits only for such illnesses and their consequences as well as for consequences of accidents and for deaths caused by active participation in war events.
Terrorist attacks and their consequences do not count as war events.
Benefits will be paid for military service injuries occurring after the commencement of insurance, subject to paragraph 3.
b) for illnesses and accidents caused by intent, including their consequences;
c) for treatment by physicians, midwives or maternity nurses as well as licensed psychotherapists working in their own practice and entered in the medical register and in hospitals whose invoices the insurer has excluded from reimbursement for good cause if the insured event occurs after the policyholder has been notified of the exclusion of benefits. If an insured event is pending at the time of notification, there is no obligation to pay benefits for expenses incurred after three months have elapsed since notification;
d) for spa and sanatorium treatment as well as for rehabilitation measures of the statutory rehabilitation institutions;
e) for treatment by spouses, civil partners pursuant to Section 1 of the Civil Partnership Act (see Appendix), parents or children. Proven material costs will be reimbursed in accordance with the tariff;
f) for accommodation due to need of care or custody;
g) for additional costs of medical treatment abroad, if the insured person has traveled abroad for the purpose of medical treatment. In this context, additional costs are deemed to be the cost portions of the treatment abroad that exceed the benefits agreed in the tariff for adequate treatment in Germany. In any case, no more than the actual reimbursable expenses incurred will be reimbursed.
This restriction does not apply
- to childbirth if one parent is a national of the country of residence. It is a condition that the policyholder provides proof of citizenship,
- in the case of medically necessary treatment abroad which would not have been possible or only partially possible in Germany,
- if, in the context of an accident, i.e. a treatment that cannot be planned, a foreign hospital is the nearest suitable place of treatment.
For detailed information please read the customer information.
If a medical treatment or other measure for which benefits have been agreed exceeds what is medically necessary, the insurer may reduce its benefits to a reasonable amount. If the expenses for the curative treatment or other services are conspicuously disproportionate to the services provided, the insurer is not obliged to provide benefits in this respect.
If there is also an entitlement to benefits from the statutory accident insurance or the statutory pension insurance, to a statutory medical care or accident care, the insurer is only obliged to pay for the expenses which remain necessary despite the statutory benefits.
If the insured person has a claim against more than one party liable for reimbursement due to the same insured event, the total reimbursement may not exceed the total expenses.
For detailed information please read the customer information.
What do you have to do if you actually get sick as a guest from abroad during your stay in Germany? What do you do in the event of a medical emergency? And above all: What do you have to do so that the insurance company pays for the treatment? We answer these questions in our overview "Procedure in the event of a claim".
Additional protection through personal liability, accident, luggage and assistance insurance
Supplement your health insurance coverage with our Protect Standard package for €6.60 per month or our Protect Complete package for €11.30 per month. Both packages include accident, liability, baggage and assistance insurance. Protect Complete additionally includes intern liability insurance, which is required by many companies for an internship during studies.
FAQ - Frequently asked questions
At provisit.com, we offer insurance policies for foreigners in Germany. We have developed Provisit Student especially for enrolled foreign students in Germany. Who are we? The experts for international health insurance. For over 60 years, DR-WALTER has been insuring all types of travel. Our specialty is providing coverage for foreign visitors.
Provisit Student is a cooperation between us and selected, renowned insurance companies. Barmenia Krankenversicherung AG is our partner when it comes to private health insurance. The Free Travel Health Insurance policy coverage is furnished by Würzburger Versicherungs-AG.
We have received the TÜV certificate “Certified Service Quality” every year since 2011, which is proof of the excellent quality of our services. Over the years, more than 99% of our customers have given us top marks for our insurance policies and services.